Your Holiday "Survival" Guide
I deliberately put "Survival" in quotes because you're NOT supposed to try and "survive" the holidays, you're supposed to ENJOY these times as it only comes around once a year.
But I get it, you're worried that you'll gain a lot of weight and lose all that hard earned "gains" from the gym. Trust me, it's not going to happen that quickly, so no need to stress too much over this.
With that said, here are 5 tips/reminders that can really help through the holidays:
1. Get in a Workout – Get back to your regular workouts asap. If you can't make it to TFT, choose a workout from our Youtube Channel or, go for a brisk walk/run…..anything that gets you moving and the heart pumping a little will do wonders for your body and mind.
2. Drink Up – Water, that is! LOL Get in at least half your bodyweight in ounces of water (add 10-20 more ounces if working out/sweating that day). So for example, if you weigh 150 pds, you’ll need to drink 75 ounces of water per day. Track your water intake, you’d be surprised at how little water you drink during the day.
Forget all those so-called “detoxes” or diet pills out there. Water is your ultimate detox as it flushes the toxins from your body. A lot of the extra weight is water retention/bloating from the salt, sugar, and processed stuff you ate over the weekend and will come right off in a couple days.
3. Plan/Cook Your Meals – Hopefully you’ve eaten all the leftovers from your feast, so now it’s time to get back to planning and cooking your meals 3-4 days in advance.
There’s a million easy, healthy, and tasty recipes out there just a Google search away. And now with Instacart and/or Amazon Fresh you don't even have to leave your house to get the groceries!
Let us know if you need any recipe ideas as Eric and I can help you out with that.
4. Stress Less - Again, the holidays are a time to enjoy yourself with your family and friends, not worrying over gaining a few pounds.....it WILL come off pretty quick if you follow the 3 tips above.
What you do between Christmas and Thanksgiving will have more of an impact on your weight loss/gain than what you do between Thanksgiving and Christmas.
5. Keep It CONSISTENT - To wrap everything up, consistency is the key to staying healthy and fit and to have success in just about everything!!
Remember, it's what you do MOST of the time rather than occasionally that has the greatest effect on whatever you want to accomplish.
So relax, apply these tips as best you can, and enjoy the holidays with your family/friends guilt and stress free!!
We have moved TFT to our new location at 303 Linden Ave in South San Francisco!
We have been working hard all weekend to get the space up and running sometime this week hopefully.
Eric and I are excited about the possibilities for the new, bigger gym.
We had some great memories and milestones in San Bruno, and now it's time to make new ones!!
Here are some pics of the new gym:
There's still a lot of work to be done, but the "New" TFT will be up and running very soon!!
Did you know..........TFT meets ALL the Government guidelines for physical activity?
The most recent research by the Federal Government in 2018 recommended the following:
We have a structured strength training and cardio program. We incorporate stretching and mobility into our warm ups and workouts as well. All of our workouts can be modified for all fitness levels.
If you come to TFT 3-4x per week (and walk/move around the other days) you'll be meeting all these requirements and probably will be in pretty good shape and health.
Unfortunately, according to a 2018 report by the CDC, less than a quarter of Americans meet these recommendations.
That's why we started TFT. All you need to do is just walk through our doors and we'll do the rest.
If you're not sure how to get started we'll show you how to exercise properly and safely. And, how to become more consistent.
Contact us for a free trial!!